Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mori Girl 30 Day Challenge: XVII- XIX




17. What's your favorite season and why?

My favorite season used to be only autumn because of the changes in leaves from green to rustic red (from the place I reside in). But I no longer have a favorite season since I find all three other seasons to be as beautiful too: winter, spring, and summer. 

18. Are you inspired by any foreign cultures other than Japanese? What about them inspires you?

Of course, all sorts of different cultures! As someone who has been studying Fine Arts (then made a big transition to Fashion Studies), I would say such art works from different regions on Earth from different eras are pretty inspiring to me.  I tend to magically immerse myself into symbolic motifs,  ethnic patterns, certain style of shapes, and colors of art from different cultures as I admire their beauty.  But at the same time, I do my best to understand various kinds of cultural appropriations (sometimes pretty complicated, subjective and not as black-and-white)-- I made some mistakes and I may not learn everything yet, but I'm still learning! 

19. Are you inspired by your own culture? If so, how do you incorporate it?


As a Cambodian- American from California, I would say so when it comes to my personal favorite music. Like the band Dengue Fever-- with music that actually correlates with my parent's homeland, whilst at the same time it responds well to my liking of the Californian psychedelic rock (oh, and world genre in general).  Yay, cultural fusion! I simply just incorporate it just by listening to their album, Escape From The Dragon House, even if I can't apply a Los Angeles band to visually  complete my mori girl my outfit.  But hey, personal music relaxes my bloodstream even if most others from my community may not fancy it as much. All it matters is that I am at peace with myself to keep me inspired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment