Saturday, October 25, 2014

Twin Peaks Costume Idea: Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne is the kind of character who doesn't follow the rules; she's a rebel or anything opposite of a non-goody-two-shoes person .  When she is not in her Oxford shoes, she would wear her bright red pumps as if they're everything to her.  I believe Audrey Horne is one of the most iconic characters in the Twin Peaks series.

Like with most Twin Peaks characters, Audrey Horne's style is pretty basic.  Her strong contrast is her signature look.   50s/60s-inspired items aren't hard to find these days. 

 Picture Link

Main key stuff:
-Warm red lipstick (duh)
-Dark short hair
-Cashmere sweater or something similar.  You can also try wearing a cardigan backward!
-Pleated skirt w/ plaid print 
-Red kitten pumps or oxford shoes

Optional:
-Fake cigarette, unless you're a smoker. 
-A partner/friend with a sharp suit and a tape recorder
-Dancing to this song

For makeup and hair tutorial, I recommend Dandelion April's video for her beauty-related magic tricks.

 

4 comments:

  1. Twin Peaks is my #1, my fave show. Your outfit is on point. Your hair, makeup, sweater, etc, all brilliant.

    x
    Bea

    PS
    Feel free to check out my sites, below. If you like my site, feel free to follow me. If you want me to follow back, just let me know~
    BlogInstagramTwitterTumblr ♡ YouTube and Facebook coming soon ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! I just work with whatever I have-- I literally did not spend on anything.

      I like your blog, looks like you put a lot of effort into it. I hope to read more of your entries when I have a bit more time. :)

      Delete
  2. I can totally see Audrey wearing something like that. Chic and affluent. Love the skirt!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete