Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Twin Peaks Costume Idea: Laura Palmer's Doppelganger from Black Lodge

I've been a Twin Peaks fan for quite awhile and I'm looking forward to the new series, which will be out in 2016!   When it comes to dressing up for Halloween, I tend to go for characters that are part of my favorite fandom.  Another great thing about Twin Peaks is that most of the characters on the show wears stuff that most people can find from their closet. 

I own a blonde wig, a black maxi dress, and a black blazer...and I came up with this:

A red lipstick is a must (common David Lynch motif).  It's not authentic, but I would say the overall look works pretty well. 

For a touch of eeriness and fun (optional):
-Creepy white-out contact lenses or unnatural light-colored lenses.  and you have to do that  "scream" with a sinister face.
-Rhinestone jewelry: earrings, and brooch
-A friend/partner dressed in a red suit dancing backwards.

 
Taken from GIPHY

Feel free to snatch this idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment