Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Novelty Clothes Diary: Jiji Shirt



About ten years ago, I remembered Hot Topic used to be the place where they sold chunky boots, a bunch of clothes in black, Jack Skellington, and raver-type of pants.  Now, the store mostly sells meme t-shirts, cartoon merchandise, popular video games- based accessories, and unicorns.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Hot Topic then and now, I'm just amazed how subcultures evolved over time. 

Anyway, I was happy to find a Studio Ghibli t-shirt section in Hot Topic, so I ended up purchasing a Jiji t-shirt.  I like how the fabric doesn't feel as stale as some cotton t-shirts and I like the placement of the simple graphic on the shirt. 

I'm going to have to be very careful not to get my Jiji shirt dirty!  *Crosses fingers* 

2 comments:

  1. I basically go to Hot Topic for denim and boots. That's about it. You're right, it used to be about a whole lot more, but that shiz is long gone. Hehe. The shirt is a nice find. I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll style it going forward. :D

    Also, it appears that the last post I got from you in my Bloglovin feed was July 6, 2014. I went to Chicago in August and got back in September and then....I have no idea what happened, but I lost your posts. I'm seeing all this new content on here and I'm like..wtf, man. Wtf! I apologize for my absence! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now discovered Hot Topic is perfect place to find mid rise/ high rise pants, I'm actually fine with them selling basic things too. Haha.

      No need to apologize! I'm just happy to *feel* productive again.

      Delete